Ransomware is the monster under the bed for IT teams. These days cybercriminals aren’t just stealing your data either – ransomware is being used to shut down utilities, disrupt manufacturing, interrupt education and bring business to a screeching halt for thousands of companies every day. Plus, double extortion ransomware enables cybercrimnals to sell you your unencrypted data back twice. Ransomware is almost always the poisonous cargo of a phishing attack. As these facts about ransomware show, protecting your business from ransomware starts with protecting it from phishing – and Graphus can help with that.
These 10 facts about ransomware in 2021 illustrate just how dangerous phishing is for your business.
- 75 % of organizations worldwide were hit with at least one phishing attack in 2020.
- 50% of all ransomware attacks in 2020 used double extortion ransomware
- 65 % of active cybercriminal gangs use spear phishing as their favored method of delivery for ransomware
- Ransomware cyberinsurance claims grew by 260% in 2020
- A cyberattack is launched every 39 seconds.
- 51% of businesses were victims of ransomware in 2020
- 48 % of infectious attachments that contain malware like ransomware are Office files.
- 94 % of ransomware and other nasty malware arrives at businesses via email
- More than 80 % of reported security incidents are phishing-related
- Experts estimate that a ransomware attack will take place every 11 seconds in 2021
- See if your email security solution is getting the job done to secure your business with our checklist Can Your Email Security Do These 10 Things?
How Big of a Problem is Ransomware?
Ransomware was the most common reason behind Microsoft incident response engagements from October 2019 through July 2020.
One in four attacks that IBM Security X-Force Incident Response remediated in 2020 were caused by ransomware.
Ransomware has become such a widespread problem that CISA established a new one-stop resource center to help organizations stem the tide of attack in January 2021.
AI-Powered Phishing Defense Helps Stem the Tide of Risk
Graphus is the industry’s first simple, powerful, automated phishing defense platform that provides three layers of comprehensive email security at a price that is within reach for every business. Gain strong, smart protection against ophisticated email attacks that would slip byMicrosoft 365 security, Google Workspace Security and Secure Email Gateways (SEGs) and right into your employee’s inboxes, opening you up to disaster. See how Graphus Beats SEGs every time in this infographic 5 Reasons Why Graphus Beats SEGs.
Graphus also takes pressure off of perennially overworked and understaffed security teams – and overstretched budgets. Adding AI-powered phishing protection with Graphus is like adding a new member to your security team without expanding your payroll. More than 90% of business leaders say that automation is a must-have to manage large alert volumes with lean IT teams. Learn more about it in our eBook How AI Can Add to Your Security Team Without Adding to Your Headcount.
Powered by AI technology, Graphus learns and evolves with your business to provide advanced protection against phishing, ransomware, malware, spear phishing, business email compromise (BEC) scams, account take over (ATO) attacks, and malicious attachments and web links.
- TrustGraph keeps phishing email away from employee inboxes by analyzing over 50 different attributes of your employees’ communications, including the devices they use, who they message most, what time of day they communicate, and more to detect suspicious email.
- EmployeeShield places warning banners on messages that may be unwanted and Phish911 empowers employees to report potential phishing email with just one click.
- Messages that are flagged as potential phishing threats are removed from every employee’s inbox as soon as they’re reported and quarantined for further review by IT staff to avoid accidents.
- Affordable automation and instant configuration mean you avoid the soft-costs that typically accompany new security solutions, freeing the IT team to focus on other activities and increasing operational efficiency.
- See how security automation saves businesses money in the eBook Automated Email Security Makes Cents.
- The smart algorithm never stops learning, refining your protection against new threats by harvesting data that helps it make future decisions without relying on traditional threat intelligence or human intervention with patches and updates.
Getting the facts about ransomware can help you develop an effective strategy to fight back against it. Contact our experts to see how smart, affordable, automated phishing defense from Graphus will benefit your business today.