Phishing is today’s nastiest threat. It brings disastrous cybersecurity threats like ransomware in its wake. Cybercriminals are using devious techniques like social engineering and spear phishing to entice employees into clicking on or interacting with cleverly disguised phishing emails, with sometimes disastrous consequences.
These 10 facts about phishing in 2021 illustrate just how dangerous phishing is for your business.
- 75 percent of organizations around the world experienced some kind of phishing attack in 2020.
- 35 percent of organizations experienced spear phishing.
- 65 percent of organizations faced BEC attacks.
- 74 percent of organizations in the United States experienced a successful phishing attack.
- 65 percent of active cybercriminal gangs relied on spear phishing as the primary infection vector.
- Google has registered 2,145,013 phishing sites as of Jan 17, 2021. This is up from 1,690,000 on Jan 19, 2020 (up 27% over 12 months).
- A cyberattack is attempted every 39 seconds.
- 48 percent of malicious email attachments are office files.
- 94 percent of malware is delivered by email.
- Phishing attacks account for more than 80 percent of reported security incidents.
- See if your email security solution is getting the job done to secure your business with our checklist Can Your Email Security Do These 10 Things?
AI-Powered Phishing Defense Helps Stem the Tide of Risk
Graphus is the industry’s first simple, powerful, automated phishing defense platform that provides three layers of comprehensive email security. Old-fashioned security tools just aren’t up to the challenge of protecting your business from today’s email threats – sophisticated email attacks routinely bypass technical controls such as Office 365 security, G Suite security, and Secure Email Gateways (SEGs). But they don’t bypass Graphus. SEE HOW GRAPHUS BEATS SEGs >>
Powered by AI technology, Graphus learns and evolves with your business to provide advanced protection against phishing, spear phishing, business email compromise (BEC) scams, account take over (ATO) attacks, and malicious attachments and web links.
- TrustGraph keeps phishing email away from employee inboxes by analyzing over 50 different attributes of your employees’ communications, including the devices they use, who they message most, what time of day they communicate, and more to detect suspicious email.
- EmployeeShield places warning banners on messages that may be unwanted and Phish911 empowers employees to report potential phishing email with just one click.
- Messages that are flagged as potential phishing threats are removed from every employee’s inbox as soon as they’re reported and quarantined for further review by IT staff to avoid accidents.
- Affordable automation and instant configuration mean you avoid the soft-costs that typically accompany new security solutions, freeing the IT team to focus on other activities and increasing operational efficiency.
- See how security automation saves businesses money in the eBook Automated Email Security Makes Cents.
- The smart algorithm never stops learning, refining your protection against new threats by harvesting data that helps it make future decisions without relying on traditional threat intelligence or human intervention with patches and updates.
Phishing threats will never stop growing, and neither will your company’s protection with Graphus. Contact our experts to see how smart, affordable, automated phishing defense from Graphus will benefit your business today.